Advanced material provided the basis for weight reduction and smaller packed measure. Compared with Annular Classic we were able to reduce the weight by almost 30% at similar material costs. Smart is designed as PDA (Pull-Down-Apex) annular parachute. This means, that pulling the centre line, enlarges its projected surface and reduces the canopy’s volume. Thus sink rate and opening time are reduced.
Developing Smart we focussed on high pendulum stability, which is even more important in rescue systems than low sink rates. High pendulum stability and low sink rate result in smooth landings.
Like all our annular parachutes, Smart comes up with serial deployment accelerators, Ram air pocktes, which achieve fast opening times even at extreme conditions.
- Exceptional value for money
- Low weight
- Large surface
- Small packed measure
- Clearly visible colour: red
- Ram air pockets: for the fastest and most reliable opening ever achieved in annular parachutes
- Pendulum stability
- Well-proven annular shape
- Easy to pack
- For high towed weight: EN 100kg / LTF 120kg